Saturday, February 24, 2018

Elimination Chamber Predictions

 
    Tomorrow night continues the Road To WrestleMania with the Raw brand's Elimination Chamber event, which features for the first time, a Women's Elimination Chamber Match.  Along with all the matches is the contract signing of Ronda Rousey to Raw.  The outcome of this show will likely set up the Raw side of things going forward for WrestleMania.  In my mind, it's somewhat of a predictable show, but you just never know!  Nothing is ever set in stone.  I learned that from "twice in a lifetime!"  

Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The Miztourage
   I just learned that this match was added to the card for I believe the Kick-Off show.  This match will most likely result in a win for the Balor Club members and possibly another step towards regaining the Tag Team Championships on Raw.  Although, I could see the Miztourage pick up the win should their mentor The Miz get involved. If that's the case, I could potentially see Finn Balor himself getting involved and a chase towards The Miz's Intercontinental Title.  With Maryse due to give birth just days around WrestleMania time, it's likely The Miz might lose the Title.  For now, I'm predicting Gallows and Anderson picking up the victory.

Raw Tag Team Titles - The Bar vs. Titus Worldwide
   I'm not seeing much focus on either set of Tag Team Championships, especially as we get closer to WrestleMania.  I'm sure Jason Jordan getting injured somewhat disrupted plans on Raw regarding this.  Since coming together, Sheamus and Cesaro have proved over time that they are one of the best tag teams in WWE today.  As they say, they don't just set the bar, they are the bar!  I feel like this is just a filler until we figure out the number one contenders for the Titles at WrestleMania.  I doubt Titus O'Neal and Apollo (sans Crews) will win.  I'm choosing the Bar to retain and go into WrestleMania as Champions. However, I wouldn't be opposed to the Miztourage picking them up and teaming with The Miz against the Balor Club for both the Intercontinental and Tag Team Titles.  

Asuka vs. Nia Jax
   I'm actually surprised they went this route because I thought for sure Nia would be in the Elimination Chamber match.  The stipulation for this contest is that if Nia wins, she joins Royal Rumble winner Asuka in a Triple Threat Match with the Raw Women's Champion, whomever that may be, at WrestleMania.  There's no way Asuka is taking a loss right before WrestleMania, undefeated streak or not.  I'm predicting Asuka as the clear cut winner.  However, I could see some shenanigans taking place that will somehow allow Nia to enter the Title match at the big one.  I'm sure that if Paige was not injured, things in the women's division on Raw might be playing out a little differently.

Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt
   I feel like the effort towards this feud is getting a little stale and the fans just aren't into it anymore.  With Bray getting the win during their last match, I'm predicting Matt will take the win here.  I'm not sure where the "Woken" or "Broken" character might lead to next.  Rumors are swirling that Matt's brother Jeff may be returning from injury soon.  In that case, it's possible we may see the debut of "Brother Nero!"  The Broken Hardys challenging for the Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania could be an interesting set of circumstances.  I think both Matt and Bray will be moving on after this match.

Raw Women's Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Mickie James vs. Sonya DeVille vs. Mandy Rose

 I'm nor sure why they put both active members of Absolution in this match.  I thought Asuka vs. DeVille would be better, with Nia Jax getting to the Chamber match.  There are several ways this match can go down.  Although I'm predicting Alexa to retain the Championship, I could see a few other scenarios.  First of all, let's get this out of the way.  There is no chance for either DeVille or Rose taking the Title.  I could see Bayley winning, with Sasha turning on her directly after.  I could see Sasha winning.  I could also see the possibility of Mickie getting one more run, as the teased story of Alexa and Mickie getting back together goes south.  We also have to remember that it's possible Asuka decides to go to Smackdown to take on Charlotte Flair.  We also have to factor in Ronda Rousey, who for all we know, could pull an Edge and insert herself into the Chamber to win the Title.  Even though we already saw Alexa vs. Asuka, I'm still predicting Alexa will walk out Sunday with the Title and lose it to Asuka at WrestleMania.

7-man Elimination Chamber Match

Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor vs. Braun Strowman vs. Seth Rollins vs. The Miz vs. Elias
   Many fans think it's a forgone conclusion that Roman Reigns wins this match and goes on to face Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.  That's a pretty fair assessment, considering WWE has been rumored to go this route since Lesnar took the Universal Title from Goldberg last year. Reigns is my prediction but I'm not upset about it, just indifferent.  I care much more about AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.  However, I feel like there is a better option and it has nothing to do with whether I like Reigns or not.  You know the saying: "strike when the iron is hot?"  That applies to the Monster Among Men, Braun Strowman. He's the hottest thing in WWE right now and I think it would be pretty great to see Braun get redemption from his loss to Brock a few months ago.  Either way, I think we can all agree that Brock will be dropping the Title.

   You can make an argument for most of the competitors in the Elimination Chamber match to win and face Brock at WrestleMania.  Based on his incredible performance on Raw in the gauntlet match, Seth Rollins would have a good shot here.  It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see Rollins in a main event.  Some fans would love to see Finn Balor win but I feel that if Brock was able to defeat Braun with a single F5, as well as other big men, it might not be as believable for Finn as a challenger, regardless of how talented he is.  Then again, Gallows and Anderson aren't far behind and the Balor Club could reign supreme.  The Miz lately has been talking about bringing the Intercontinental Title into the WrestleMania main event, which hasn't been seen since the Ultimate Challenge.  With The Miz about to be a father, I don't see him walking out with his own gold, let alone more, though it would be intriguing.

   You can never rule out John Cena.  Time and time again, "Big Match John" has proved he can deliver and he's no stranger to WrestleMania main events.  Not only that, he is currently tied with Ric Flair as a 16-time World Champion and could very well break the record should he survive the Chamber.  The most unlikely winner would be Elias, but he has really come into his own since his arrival on Raw.  With the fact that he defeated John Cena and Braun Strowman recently to earn himself being last to enter the match, I really hope he brings his guitar into his pod and plays until he enters.  The betting odds seem to favor Reigns and that is ultimately who I'm going with.  




If you have any further thoughts on this topic, let me know in comments.  Heck, let us all know on The WAR Report podcast, every Tuesday at 7PM EST on YouTube, brought to you by tagmeadate.com, the first and only dating site for wrestling fans.  Go to askthewarreport@gmail.com or #askthewarreport.  For TagMeADate members, our Android and Apple apps are vastly approaching so stay tuned!
https://tagmeadate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment