Sunday, March 11, 2018

Fastlane Predictions


   Well, it's been three weeks, that means it's time for another WWE event.  For those of you who got my sarcasm, there are frankly way too many PPV's in the year.  That's another topic for another time. For now, we have Smackdown's Fastlane tonight and it's the last brand only special, as well as the last stop on the Road To WrestleMania.  I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here, but I feel like it's a little predictable, not to mention completely unnecessary.  In fact, I think I thought of another topic for a future blog, no PPV's between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania!  It should be fairly entertaining, though!  Then again, the main event might have some on the edge of their seats, concerning a certain WrestleMania dream match they want to see.  Let's get started, shall we?

Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Natalya & Carmella
 I'm not 100% sure but this may be on the Kick-Off show.  With Charlotte Flair defending the Smackdown Women's Championship tonight against Ruby Riot, I thought it might have made more sense for Becky and Naomi to take on the remaining members of the Riot Squad.  Then again, the feud has probably been overdone.  I'm pretty sure Becky and Naomi are taking the win here. Carmella's night may not be over, however, as she is still Miss Money In the Bank.  Should she choose to cash in, it might be a smart idea, especially considering the possibility of Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan's interference on behalf of their leader.  

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev
   I feel like this was thrown together because they didn't have a match for Nakamura, who we know is going to WrestleMania to face the WWE Champion, as he won the Royal Rumble. Although I feel like despite Rusev's popularity of late that he's forced to remain heel, I'm glad he made it onto the card, as hasn't been used on Smackdown much.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be a Happy Rusev Day, as it seems pretty clear Shinsuke will win.  He certainly does need the momentum to ride into WrestleMania.  I did enjoy Nakamura's interaction with Rusev, with the match coming together due to Nakamura injuring Rusev's singing announcer Aiden English.  Not only that, we found something we didn't know we needed...Nakamura Dayyyyyyyyy!  

Smackdown Tag Team Titles - The Usos vs. The New Day
   In what seems like a never-ending battle between these two fantastic teams, we're at it again.  That said, we're in for a treat!  My gut tells me that the Usos are retaining tonight and will likely collide with the Bludgeon Brothers in the future.  I hope that the Usos finally take their rightful place at WrestleMania's main show.  In the last two years, the Samoan brothers have found themselves and became the best team in the business.  However, if there was one team who can break out of the Uso Penitentiary, it's the New Day.  Although I'm choosing the Usos, a friend brought up something I never thought of. Since it's seems they're running out of teams to challenge The Bar for the Raw Tag Team Titles, would it be out of the realm of possibility for the Usos to lose here and show up the next night on Raw to challenge The Bar?  Stranger things have happened and I'm not opposed to it.

US Title - Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton
   This should be a great match, as we've never seen these two face off before.  I see Roode retaining and walking into WrestleMania as the Glorious US Champion.  However, let's not rule out interference by Jinder Mahal, who has been getting involved with both Roode and Orton as of late.  Mahal pointed out the difference in stature between the two men on the WWE top ten list.  Both put Jinder in his place, however, and mentioned he wasn't even on the list to begin with.  I see Roode retaining either way, but it's possible be could lose the match by disqualification, which would lead to a possible Triple Threat Match between the three at WrestleMania.

Smackdown Women's Title - Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riot
   It's been dead even for these two women, as Flair has handily defeated Morgan and Logan, whereas Riot has defeated Becky and Naomi. It's time to settle this once and for all. With WrestleMania around the corner, it seems to me that WWE will want Charlotte to remain Champion going in.  That's my pick for tonight! If this was any other day after the big one, I might be inclined to possibly choose Riot.  For now, long live the Queen!  Then again, Charlotte still may not escape tonight as Champion with Carmella running around with Money In the Bank.  Also, the deciding factor of this match may determine who Royal Rumble winner Asuka will choose to face.  Lately, it seems as they are going in the direction of an Alexa Bliss/Nia Jax showdown, which might mean Asuka will face Charlotte, in what would be a killer match.

WWE Title - Six Pack Challenge
AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin vs. John Cena
   This is what might be the last chance for the desperate and somewhat entitled Cena to get his WrestleMania opportunity.  As likely as it is that he faces the Undertaker, I'm not sold on that match, especially considering how last year looked like the perfect end for the Dead Man.  In any event, I don't see Cena picking up number 17 tonight.  It's too risky to jeopardize the eminent Styles/Nakamura match and I think the fans would backlash.  Corbin has no chance, as does Ziggler.  Owens and Zayn will cancel each other out.  I hope it doesn't lead to them having a WrestleMania feud and match, as I feel we need more time to see the best friends together.  I would actually like to see the two have a nice long reign as Tag Team Champions before the inevitable happens.  With all that being said, I'm choosing AJ Styles to walk out of Fastlane and walk into WrestleMania as the WWE Champion.

   As predictable as this card feels, you just never know!  Last year, many things happened at Elimination Chamber and Fastlane that we were not expecting.  Could the same happen tonight?  I guess we'll have to tune in and find out.  What are your predictions for tonight?



If you have any further thoughts on this topic, let me know in comments.  Heck, let us all know on The WAR Report podcast, every Tuesday at 7PM EST on YouTube, brought to you by tagmeadate.com, the first and only dating site for wrestling fans.  Go to askthewarreport@gmail.com or #askthewarreport.  For TagMeADate members, our Android and Apple apps are vastly approaching so stay tuned!
https://tagmeadate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment