Saturday, October 6, 2018

Super Showdown Predictions


   Other than the Undertaker against Triple H, I don't really care what happens at this event in Australia.  Of course, I'd also be happy if Samoa Joe ends up taking the WWE Championship.  Much like the Greatest Royal Rumble this past April in Saudi Arabia, this is also a glorified House Show to me.  In fact, I disliked that event enough that I didn't bother to review it.  Speaking of which, I think people are misinterpreting the word "Greatest."  I believe the this term was used to describe the amount of competitors and not in the subjective way.  In my personal opinion, the 1992 Royal Rumble was the greatest Royal Rumble in terms of entertainment.  Back to the heart of the matter, I'm here to give my predictions for this event.

Cruiserweight Title - Cedric Alexander vs. Buddy Murphy
   I'm going back and forth with the winner of this match.  I'm tempted to choose Murphy as the winner, being that Australia is his home country.  Also, should he win, he'd be the first Australian born wrestler to win a singles Championship in WWE.  Murphy has the distinction of having been the first Australian born wrestler to win any Championship in WWE, as he won the NXT Tag Team Titles along with Wesley Blake.  Then again, WWE has the tendency to have wrestlers lose in their home countries.  That's why I'm having a hard time choosing the winner.  Ultimately, I don't really care, as I don't watch 205 Live and consider it purgatory in WWE, where once someone is called up from NXT gets lost there.  For instance, I feel 205 Live and the Cruiserweight Division itself type casts wrestlers and Cedric himself is too talented to be stuck in 205 Live.  I'm going with Cedric to retain. although I expect Murphy to get a tremendous response from the Aussie crowd.

The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan
   I originally had The Miz winning the match, along with his win over Bryan at SummerSlam.  However, since I see Samoa Joe becoming the WWE Champion, I have Daniel Bryan taking the win here.  Since this is for number one contender, Bryan wins and goes on to face new WWE Champion Samoa Joe after AJ gets his rematch.  The Miz then screws Bryan out of the Title and they continue their feud towards WrestleMania next year.  Before Samoa Joe was in the picture, I originally had Miz defeating AJ for the Title, Bryan winning the Rumble, and then beating Miz at WrestleMania.

Ronda Rousey & Bella Twins vs. Riot Squad
    It has been speculated for quite some time that Ronda Rousey will be defending the Raw Women's Title at Evolution at the end of the month against Nikki Bella.  Though that is unfortunately likely, I think we may not actual see that, as the story just wouldn't make sense just weeks away from Evolution.  Besides not wanting to see the match, I feel it might not be safe for Nikki, with a fragile neck, against Ronda, who is still pretty fresh.  Also, it's odd with Brie also having a rivalry along with her husband Daniel Bryan with Maryse and The Miz on Smackdown, while possibly playing heel at the same time on Raw.  Not to mention, Brie's recent botch in giving Liv Morgan a concussion.  If you've noticed, Natalya is always in the background but always close by to what Ronda is doing.  I have Ronda and the Bellas winning with the Bellas giving the ring to Ronda to celebrate.  Afterwards, Natalya comes out to congratulate Ronda, only to turn on her, setting up a match for Evolution.

Smackdown Women's Title - Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
   Just after SummerSlam, I predicted Becky and Charlotte to perform an Austin/Hart like double turn at Hell In a Cell, followed by Charlotte cheating to retain here at Super Showdown, followed by Becky finally winning at Evolution.  With the current circumstances and with Becky now Champion, I have her retaining over Charlotte here.  WWE seems dead set on presenting Becky as a heel but the fans just aren't going for it.  We've made our choice and that choice is Becky Lynch!

The Iconics vs. Naomi & Asuka
    Similar to Buddy Murphy's situation could be Peyton Royce and Billie Kay, with the Australian duo possibly losing in their home country.  That's my pick, regardless of where they are.  I just don't think Asuka can afford to lose again.  I'm sorry, but she's almost been ruined.  I don't really care about this match going in, to be honest.




Bobby Lashey & John Cena vs. Elias & Kevin Owens

   I'm thinking a little outside the box here.  While normally it would be a no-brainer having Lashley and Cena winning, frankly, Elias and KO need the win more.  Therefore, I'm choosing the latter to go over.  However, it won't be clean.  In fact, the win will be caused by Lashley turning on Cena.  I feel like Lio Rush could be that antagonizing nuisance alongside Lashley and take bumps from Cena.  You heard it here first.  Lashley's turning, giving the win to Elias and Kevin Owens.

Smackdown Tag Team Titles - The New Day vs. The Bar
   With The New Day only just winning the Titles the day after SummerSlam, I don't see them losing just yet.  The Bar is a great team and Sheamus and Cesaro have proven that every day, along with a few reigns as Champions themselves.  While The Bar is a formidable team, I'm picking The New Day here to retain and remain Champions at least until the end of the year.  Either way, the match will be entertaining and that's what matters the most.

WWE Title (No Count Out/No DQ) - AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

    As I've stated in my prediction for the Daniel Bryan/Miz match, I've got Samoa Joe all the way, becoming the new WWE Champion.  I think it's long overdue and I believe AJ is truly on his last legs of his second reign with the Title.  As for the future of the Championship, it's hard to say.  I'd have Joe and AJ have one more match at Survivor Series, while Daniel Bryan gets his shot in December, getting screwed by The Miz/  As for the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, I'd be thrilled if Rusev is given the honor.

The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre, and Dolph Ziggler
   This mess has been going on since SummerSlam.  WWE nonsensically turned their biggest babyface in Braun to a heel for an unnecessary Shield reunion, just to get Roman Reigns over.  They've sacrificed almost the entire Raw roster trying to make Roman the number one guy.  Meanwhile, you've got both the Raw Tag Team Titles and Seth Rollins' Intercontinental Title taking the backseat to the Roman agenda.  Lately, a heel turn by Dean Ambrose has been teased.  However, I feel like it's been teased so much that we're expecting it; therefore, it won't happen just yet.  I have the Shield winning due to a miscommunication by the other team, possibly leading to a defection by McIntyre.

Triple H vs. The Undertaker - One Last Time
   Let's face it!  Going into this event, this is the most important and talked about match.  Triple H will have his best friend and fellow DX member Shawn Michaels in his corner, while the Undertaker will have his Brother of Destruction Kane in his.  Most are speculating that this is just a set up for Michaels' in ring return from retirement.  Since we will witness all four of these men, the natural next step is for the teams to face each other at either WWE Crown Jewel or the Survivor Series, ultimately leading to Michaels and Taker one more time at WrestleMania next year.  I'm going with Triple H getting the win.  I wanted to get these all in before the show starts in just under four hours in Australia.




 If you have any further thoughts on this topic, let me know in comments.  Heck, let us all know on The WAR Report podcast, every Tuesday at 7PM EST on YouTube, brought to you by tagmeadate.com, the first and only dating site for wrestling fans.  Go to askthewarreport@gmail.com or #askthewarreport.  For TagMeADate members, our Android and Apple apps are vastly approaching so stay tuned!
https://tagmeadate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment